I wrote a complete guide on how to book the SGR Train. However I have got so many inquiries on booking the SGR via Mpesa.
I have decided to write this guide to answer that question.
If you did not read my complete guide, you can read it here.
Booking your SGR via Mpesa is the most convenient way, though there are ways to make to do so.
So how do you do SGR booking via Mpesa?
Follow the steps below.
1. Initiate the process by calling the Madaraka express through 0709388888 within the official working hours.
2. Give out your details with includes but not limited to the type of coach, travel date, destination and phone number.
3. You will be notified the amount payable. In case you need to know the amount in advance, see the fare chart here.
4. You will be prompted with a short message on your phone containing your ID number, pay bill number and amount due.
5. Pay the due amount through the pay bill number provided above.
6. You will receive a message containing your ticket details after payment.
This is a simple guide that you can follow and make your booking within minutes.
Here is an infograph that illustrates just that.
Have a look.
With a phone you do not need to go the station to book. Again, Mpesa makes payments easy and very convenient.
You can also book via USSD. Initiate the process by dialing * 639# on your phone. Then follow the prompts and respond accordingly.
So, at the comfort of your house or office, you can easily make your SGR Mpesa booking through your phone.
Have you ever made a trip on SGR? If so, tell us your experience and keep the discussion on. If you followed this guide to make your first SGR booking, leave a comment below.