If you want to know how to top Airtel Credit on your phone, then follow this guide below.
Most of us are used to topping up Safaricom lines and buying data from Safaricom with ease, however with Airtel; personally, I have been forced to confirm how exactly it is done.
If Safaricom and Airtel were chicks, then Airtel would be a side ‘chick.’
You should be glad that I sharing these tips with you so that you do not go through the troubles I have gone through.
How to top up Airtel Credit
There are two ways you can do this; by topping up via a scratch card or via Mpesa. Let us have a look.
1.How to top up Airtel scratch via card
This is the most common way most of us top up our Airtel lines. If you happen to buy those red Airtel credit cards, follow the following simple steps.
- Scratch your card to reveal the hidden 14-digit number.
- On your phone dial *130*XXXXXXXXXXXXX# where the XXXXXXXXXXXX is the secret 14 digit hidden number revealed in the first step.
- Hit the call button.
You will receive in a short while a confirmation message that your top up is success. You can also confirm your credit Balance by dialing *133# from your Airtel line.
2. How to top up Airtel via Mpesa
Mpesa wallets on our Safaricom lines is changing the way we are shopping for goods and services. Here is this how to top up Airtel via Mpesa, another way to top up Airtel credit on your phone.
Here are the steps.
- Go to the M-pesa Menu
- Select Pay Bill
- Enter Business No. 220220
- Enter Account No. AIRTXXXXXX (Where XXXXXX is your Airtel Mobile number)
- Enter the Amount
- Enter your M-Pesa PIN then send
I have used this method on several occasions, the down side being that you may have to wait for quite some time before you see the amount reflected in your Airtel credit wallet.
Since the transaction is being honored through a third party (Pesapal), Mpesa charges apply.
4. How to top up Airtel via Airtel Money
If you are one of those few who have their Airtel Money Wallets active, you can also use this option. Here is how.
- Go to the Airtel Money Menu
- Select Make payments
- Select Pay Bill then Other
- Under business name enter pesapal
- Enter Amount
- Enter your Airtel Money PIN
- Under Reference enter AIRTXXXXXX (Where XXXXXX is your Airtel Mobile number)
Again, this goes through a third party. I have not used this method; I may not give an experience about this.
5. How to top up using Credit or Debit Card.
If you have no problem using your Credit or Debit Card, you can top up Airtel Credit at Airtel website at this link.
6. How to top up via Airtel Mobile App
If you have a smartphone, which likely you have, you can buy through the Airtel Mobile App. If you do not have the app, you can download it from play store if you are on Android.
Once done downloading, you will need to register your number. Then follow the following steps.
- Go to the ‘Main Menu’
- Select “Airtel Money’
- Go to ‘Buy Airtime’
- Enter your Number or any other recipient.
- Enter ‘Amount’
- Enter ‘Airtel Money Pin’
Note that this is buying via Airtel Money; however, unlike the second method discussed above, you are not going through a third party.
Airtel has slowly been eating into Safaricom’s share of the voice market. Most of us are having Airtel lines for calling and knowing how to top up Airtel credit is important. From the methods listed above, you can choose one that suits you, though you are likely to go use the traditional method, the first one.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings