20 C
Nairobi
Saturday, October 24, 2020

Mpesa Continues To Dominate Market With 99% Share
M

Must Read

Redmi 9C Price in Kenya and Full Specifications

Redmi 9C Price in Kenya and full specifications: The Redmi 9C is a completely new device that...

7 Best things to sell online in Kenya

What are the best things to sell online in Kenya? Now after learning how to sell online,...

Turimex Laredo TX Bus Booking, Routes, Fares, and Contacts

Turimex Laredo TX is a bus company that is a group called the...
Judith Atieno
Judith Atienohttps://shopinkenya.com/
Judith Atieno is an intelligence researcher who enjoys helping old ladies across the road, painting and meditation. She is Kind and Outgoing, but can also be very pessimistic and a bit impatient. She has a degree in journalism, though that is not what she does. However, she won't mind writing articles that keep readers on the edge.

Mpesa has continued to dominate the mobile money sector with up to 99% if the market share. This is according to the latest report from the Communications Authority of Kenya (CCK).

According to the report, Mpesa dominates the market with a 98.9% market share, leaving other players such as T-Kash and Airtel money to share the remaining 1.1%.

During the second quarter ending June, saw the number of Mpesa mobile money agents increase to 223184 who transacted Ksh. 30.5 million.

The number of transactions can be attributed to the Telco’s waiver of transaction fees on transactions below Ksh. 1000.

The total value of deposits during the quarter was near Ksh 7.2 billion, Ksh. 561 million and KES 61 million for M-PESA, Airtel Money, and T-Kash, respectively.

The values show that Mpesa continues to dominate the market with Airtel Money and T-Kash trailing behind.

The values of transactions in Kenya Shillings made from Customers to Businesses (C2B), Business to Customer (B2C), Business-to-Business (B2B), Customer to Government (C2G), Person-to-Person (P2P), and total deposits per mobile money increased.

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

Leave a Reply

Latest News

Huawei Y7a Price in Kenya and Full Specifications

Huawei Y7a price in Kenya: The Y-series is the new series from Huawei that features the Huawei...

Oppo Kenya to Launch Oppo A93 On October 23

Oppo Kenya is set to launch the Oppo A93 on October 23, 2020, that is according to the latest information from the...

Realme 7 Price in Kenya and Full Specifications

Realme 7 Price in Kenya: In recent times, we have seen realme bring us devices such as realme C11 and realme C15....

Techno Camon 16 Price in Kenya and Full Specifications

Techno Camon 16 Price in Kenya: Techno has just launched the Camon 16 that is part of a trio comprising Camon 16...

Jambojet Commences InterCountry Direct Mombasa Kisumu and Eldoret Flights

Jambojet, a low-cost regional carrier has begun direct flights between the cities of Mombasa to Kisumu and Eldoret. Jambojet...
- Advertisement -

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

Open chat