TSC is set to recruit intern teachers in the country to fill vacant positions in both primary and secondary school, here are the intern teachers’ requirements.
Early this week, TSC announced that it would recruit 6674 intern teachers as schools prepare for reopening in January 2021 after students remained home for over 9 months due to the effects of the Covid- 19 pandemic.
TSC has asked those interested to apply online at www.tsc.go.ke or www.teachesonline.go.ke, before 14 December 2020.
The third term for the 2020academic year is set to begin on 4th January 2021 for grade 4, class 8, and form IV while the rest of the students will be talking the second term.
Intern Teachers’ Requirements
For interested candidates, here below are the requirements.
- All applications should be done online not later that 14th December 2020.
- Current teachers serving as interns are not eligible to apply for the new positions.
- The applicants must be Kenyan citizens registered with the commission.
- Must be a holder of P1 certificate for Primary school teachers and a minimum of a Diploma in Education certificate for secondary school teachers.
- Have certified original academic and professional certificates.
- Should not have been in previous employment with the TSC as a teacher on permanent terms.
- Be ready to be posted to any public educational institution in Kenya.
- Must have a Personal Accident Insurance to cover for personal risks during the internship period.
In addition to these requirements, all candidates will also be require to possess the following.
- A copy of the National ID or Passport.
- A copy of the Teacher Registration Certificate or printout from the TSC online portal showing evidence of registration.
- A copy of National Council for Persons with Disability card where applicable.
- A valid certificate of good conduct.
- Two colored passport size photographs.
- A copy of the NHIF card.
- A copy of KRA Pin.
Note that successful candidates will be paid Ksh.15000.00 for primary school teachers and 20000.00 for high school tutors. The payment is inclusive of all the expected deductions such as NSSF, NHIF, HELB Loan, PAYE among others.