Huduma centers in the country are expected to open today after months of being closed following the reporting of the first case of Country. The centers have remained closed for 5 months are now expected to reopen today.
The centers spread across the country, provide services to Kenyans under one roof have been very effective in limiting the number of offices Kenyans would have walked into to obtain these services.
Currently, there are 55 Huduma centers distributed in all the counties in the country, with Nairobi hosting 5 of them.
With the Huduma centers reopening, it will not be business as usual. You will not just walk in to get your desired service. The Ministry of Ministry of Public Service and Gender announced that the GPO Huduma center will be opened on 17th August 2020.
With this development, you will need to book and wait for the appointment date. The appointment system ensures that only those with appointments will be allowed at the center.
This means that Kenyan will spent as little time as possible at the center, thus keeping social distance in the wake of COVID-19.
It is important to note that currently, it is only at the GPO that the ‘booking system’ will be applicable. For other Huduma centers, the services are to offered on ‘come in walk out basis.’ The technology is expected to be rolled to the other centers in a later date.
Steps to book Services at GPO Huduma Center
To get yourself an appointment, you just need to follow these simple steps.
- Go to hudumakenya.go.ke from your phone or PC.
- Select Book Appointment from the hamburger menu.
- You will be prompted to enter your credentials (ID as username and password)
- If you do not have an account, you will need to create one.
- The system then send you an activation code.
- Log in and continue to do a booking. Other fields will be populated, so you only need to select a service like DL application and selecting a service center (this case, it is GPO).
- Save the appointment and print the document.
The introduction of the booking system not only saves you time, but assures you that you will attended to when you get to the center.
You can now put your energy on other things as you await the day of your appointment.